Good afternoon Parents/Guardians,
Based on the latest health advice as at 21 July, Phase 5 of the WA COVID-19 roadmap, due to be implemented on Saturday, 18 July, has been pushed back. Phase 5 would see remaining restrictions removed, except WA’s hard border and access to remote Aboriginal communities. It would also see the removal of WA’s 2 square metre rule and the 50 per cent capacity for our major venues. It has been announced that a move to Phase 5 will be delayed until at least August 29.
As a gentle reminder, if at any stage someone in your household has travelled interstate and is returning, we request students to remain at home if self-isolation is required for an immediate family member and it is being done at the home residence.
Parents attending the Athletics Carnival
Parents are welcome to attend the Athletics Carnival days next week if they wish. Any attendance is presumed upon agreement and adherence to the following:
- Parents/guardians are welcome to attend this event to support their child/ren.
- Any person who has been in contact with international or interstate travellers is ineligible to attend; as is any person who is suffering cold/flu like symptoms, fever or is generally unwell.
- All attendees will walk to the oval via the middle carpark adjacent to the Uniform Shop, and will not enter any school area where classes are held.
- Attendees will remain in the area allocated and will maintain physical distancing with people outside of their family group. Attendees may not mix with the broader student population located in the school learning zones or House areas.
- Toilets allocated for public use are in the Physical Education block.
- Sanitizing stations will be in the Parent/guardian area.
Please remember that all of the updates we have sent you so far are available to read via our News page on our website, accessible by clicking here
Rob Gratton and Tracy Holmes
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College