WA in on track to remove restrictions this weekend ahead of a week with no further local cases. It has been encouraging to witness the community follow government advice and direction in getting tested and we pray that by this time next week, we will be ‘mask free’. For the remainder of this week at least, please remain aware of the following:
- Please download the SafeWA app as we will be asking parents and visitors to sign in if coming onto school grounds. A sign in register will be available for those who do not have access to a device.
- Visitors and parents on site will need to be wearing a mask. The mandatory mask rule will apply to all school staff and secondary students. Masks are not required for primary school students.
- Our preference is that any payments made to the College are done so via phone for the next week to avoid overcrowding in the office space.
- Primary School parents, please do not walk through the Senior School during drop off and pick up times as parents are not allowed on site this week. Please enter and exit through the designated gates.
- Senior School parents, please do not walk through the Primary School or the Senior School during drop off/pick up.
A reminder that the bus stop has been temporarily moved to outside of Lakelands Primary School on Cawana Parkway for the duration of the Council roadworks. The traffic warden will be in place on Badgerup Avenue to ensure that students can cross this road safely.
The Council is kindly providing extra traffic wardens to assist with traffic flow from Monday on the main roads surrounding the College.
Please be aware that traffic and parking is much busier on the first day of the year, and over the first week. we encourage all drivers to stagger arrivals/departures or make a meeting spot outside of the College grounds.
Both parents and the wider Lakelands community have been doing a fantastic job managing the traffic during drop off and pick up times and we thank you for your continued patience throughout this period of development.
For the College to comply with the post-lockdown transition period for Perth and Peel, the following adjustments to the Term One calendar will take effect from this week:
- The MBC Playgroup – planned to launch this Friday, will be postponed until further notice.
- Storytime and Play – (weeks 2 to 10 of term in the library) will be postponed until further notice.
- Parent Information Evenings – (scheduled for week 3) will not occur on-site, however teaching staff will communicate important information about their class, directly to parents/guardians via video or an emailed booklet.
- Assemblies – will be postponed until further notice.
- Parent Help in Classrooms – is on-hold until further notice.
- Before and After School Clubs – are on-hold until further notice.
- Individual parent meetings – can be held, after school only, in the teacher’s classroom. Please ensure you wear a mask if meeting with a teacher.
Due to the disruption to the beginning of the year, the date of our Intra-school Swimming Carnival (previously next Monday 15 February) has been changed to Friday 12 March. Further information will be distributed in the coming weeks.
As our government action their emergency response systems in the coming weeks, we will continue to act on their advice taking necessary action as advised. We will ensure to keep families updated daily at 4.00pm as per our regular COVID updates.
Please remember that all the updates we have sent you so far are available to read via our News page on our website, accessible by clicking here.
Rob Gratton & Tracy Holmes
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College