COVID CASE UPDATE
Since our update yesterday, the College has been notified of a further four cases of COVID-19: one in Year 3 (3C), one in Year 9 (9D), one in Year 11 (11B) and one in Year 12 (12A). Please note that not all of these cases were at school during their infectious period. Parents of identified close contacts have been notified.
This brings our total current confirmed cases for this week (since last Friday) to:
Kindergarten – 1
Year 2 – 3
Year 3 – 2
Year 5 – 2
Year 7 – 1
Year 8 – 2
Year 9 – 2
Year 11 – 1
Year 12 – 1
The College, through direction from the Department of Health and AISWA, will continue learning as normal this week. College activities may adjust subject to instructions from the Department of Health and AISWA and may change in response to increased community spread.
RESTRICTIONS TERM 2
This morning the Minister for Education made an announcement in relation to an easing of restrictions for schools from Term 2. While we await the details (which will be outlined for schools in official school operating guidelines), the following elements were highlighted by the Minister.
- Masks for students in Years 3-12 will remain compulsory
- Parents will be allowed on the school site for events, assemblies (at this stage restricted to year groups) etc.
- Events are allowed, with masks and physical distancing protocols in place
Once the official details are received by the College, we will assess the implications for school events (particularly in relation to assemblies) for Term 2 and communicate this to our families.
HOUSEHOLD CLOSE CONTACTS
A reminder that students identified as household close contacts (I.e., someone in the household has tested positive to COVID-19) must not attend school and should also isolate for seven days from the date of their household member’s positive test.
COVID REMINDERS AND RESOURCES
For COVID resources and reminders, please see the COVID-19 Resources page on the College website.
Reporting a Positive Student Test Result: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting a Student as a Close Contact: email email@example.com
Advice for all families and staff:
- The school remains open.
- The College will continue our enhanced cleaning regime.
- As for everyone in Western Australia, we ask that you monitor your student/yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result, if symptoms develop.
- Please note that the Omicron strain can present with less typical symptoms such as diarrhea, particularly in children.
- If you have queries or concerns, please contact WA Health on 1300 316 555
Rob Gratton and Matt Dusci
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College