It has been a positive start to the day with zero new local cases of COVID-19 overnight. At this stage, restrictions from last week have been extended until at least this Saturday at 12.01am.
- Primary School parents/guardians are allowed on school site to drop-off and pick-up children or attend school-based events.
- Parents/guardians and are able to enter classrooms, however masks must be worn.
- In-term swimming lessons for Year 4-6 students will go ahead next week as planned.
- Playgroup will recommence on Tuesday and Friday morning.
- Story-Time and Play will recommence on Wednesday morning.
- ELC Open Day will go-ahead from 10.00am-1.00pm on Saturday 8 May; all welcome.
- Mother’s Day Events will go ahead as planned. Individual classroom teachers will inform the parents/guardians about the Mother’s Day activities they are running for their class.
The mandated requirements for students wearing masks are below:
- Masks are to be worn indoors.
- Masks are to be worn outdoors where students walk in groups and where there is not a physical distance of 1.5 metres between each person.
- Masks may be removed when students are outdoors and physically distanced from others by 1.5 metres. In this case students must carry their mask with them.
Whilst we know wearing a mask is uncomfortable at times, it is nevertheless a requirement. We thank you for your understanding and encourage you to have this conversation with your child.
We have managed, via the Association of Independent Schools WA, to secure masks for Secondary students as a backup for families. These can be collected from the College staff.
The Senior School photo day will be on Wednesday 12 May (Week 4). If you are wanting a sibling photograph, please ask your child to collect an envelope from student services or email Mrs Valme Batley at email@example.com and she will ensure your child is given an envelope during PCG.
Valme Batley will contact you via email to arrange a time for your sibling photograph to be taken before the beginning of the school day if this is convenient for you as a family. It is less disruptive for the Primary School students if the photos are taken before school and the younger students are still nice and neat. Primary School are also having NAPLAN testing on the same day.
ACC Lightning Carnivals
The ACC Year 8/9 Lightning Carnivals scheduled for Wed 5 May has been postponed and will not go ahead this week. ACC will announce an alternative date for these events ASAP. The ACC office has decided that it is prudent to postpone such a large-scale event.
The College Intra Cross Country Carnival is to be conducted on Friday the 7 May, at Black Swan Lake Park on Lilydale Drive, Lakelands.
Students not competing on the day must please provide a note to the PE department and will still be included at the Carnival as helpers.
Students are required to arrive at the College in their sports uniform. Sports uniform consists of correct shirt and shorts, sports shoes (skate shoes and slip-ons are not recommended due to the uneven surface) and College sports socks.
The program for the day is as follows (all times are approximates):
- Year 9s and 10s – Period 1, 2 & 3
- Year 11s and 12s – Periods 4 & 5
- Year 7s and 8s – Period 6 & 7
Parents are welcome to attend this event, please remember to wear your mask and to adhere to physical distancing requirements.
K-12 Photography Project
The photography day, set for this Friday 7 May, has been cancelled and will be rescheduled in a few weeks’ time. The College will inform parents via email, of the new date.
Please remember that all of the updates we have sent you so far are available to read via our News page on our website, accessible by clicking here.
Rob Gratton & Tracy Holmes
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College