Schools are now operating under the Phase 4 Guidelines. Only a few restrictions remain, such as the standard capacity rules and the mandatory contact registration for visitors and parents. All visitors to the College, including parents, will need to sign in via the Safe WA app by scanning the QR code located at the entry gates. If you do not have the app installed on your mobile device, please sign in manually via the Primary or Secondary School Offices.
From Monday February 15, we are able to reinstate school events and activities that were postponed. Therefore, please note the following.
- The MBC Playgroup – has commenced on Fridays. Registration is required.
- Storytime and Play – has commenced on Wednesdays at 8:45am.
- Assemblies – Upper Primary Assembly (Y3-Y6) will be held Thursday, 4 March. ECE Assembly (PP-Y2) will be held Thursday, 18 March.
- Parent Help in Classrooms – individual classroom teachers will communicate further details. Parents/guardians are welcome to enter classrooms to drop off their children at the start of the day.
- Before and After School Clubs – Running club will commence this Wednesday, 24 February. Information regarding other clubs will be sent out when confirmed.
- Individual parent meetings – can be arranged by appointment with the teacher concerned.
An updated Primary School calendar has been sent out. You can access that here.
Year 7 Parent Teacher Interviews
Our Year 7 Parent Teacher Interview evening has been rescheduled to Thursday 11 March (Week 6). This evening will be a great opportunity for Year 7 parents to meet teachers and discuss their child’s transition to high school. Further information about the evening, including instructions on how to book interviews, will be distributed to Year 7 families directly.
The MBC Musical, WICKED: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz premiered on the weekend and was a fantastic success! Don’t miss out on the last weekend of shows: Friday 26 February 7.00pm and Saturday 27 February at 7.00pm.
Ticket prices: $25 Adults, $15 Students / Concession, $60 Family package (2 adults, 2 children)
To purchase tickets, click here.. We hope to see you there!
Our school-based Immunisation Program is unfortunately being suspended for Term 1. All Nurse Immunisers who work in the program are being deployed into the COVID-19 Vaccination Teams and will be heavily involved in the initial roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccinations. We apologise for the inconvenience and are optimistic that we will resume schedule for Term 2. We will work with Child and Adolescent Health Services (CAHS) to arrange for Term 1 catchups to take place as soon as possible. As it stands, we will continue with scheduled dates for Year 10s to be immunised in Term 2. Year 7 Round 1 dates will need to be rescheduled during Terms 2 and 3.
For the time being, we encourage Parents/Guardians to return consent forms ASAP so the nursing team can prepare for their visits when the time comes. Please rest assured that your child will not miss out on their vaccinations however GP and Community Health clinics are another option for Parents if you would like your child vaccinated sooner rather than later.
Please remember that all the updates we have sent you so far are available to read via our News page on our website, accessible by clicking here.
Rob Gratton & Tracy Holmes
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College