Following the Premier’s announcement this morning, from 12.01 am this Sunday (14 February), the Perth/Peel post-lockdown transition directive of mask-wearing will no longer be a requirement. Schools can return to operating under the Phase 4 Guidelines. Only a few restrictions will remain, such as the standard capacity rules, restrictions on remote Aboriginal communities, mandatory contact registration and our Controlled Interstate Border.
The College community has been fantastic during this period of change. Well done to staff, students and parents for doing the right thing by wearing masks, adhering to physical distancing requirements and getting tested.
As of Monday 15 February, we will revert to our weekly COVID-19 updates at 4.00pm every Monday afternoon. If anything urgent should arise, we will update families accordingly.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with the lockdown measures at school this week. From Monday February 15, we are able to reinstate school events and activities that were postponed. Therefore, from Monday February 15:
- The MBC Playgroup – will commence on Friday February 19.
- Storytime and Play – will commence on Wednesday February 17.
- Parent Information Evenings – (Week 3) will not occur on-site, however teaching staff will communicate important information about their class, directly to parents/guardians via video or an emailed booklet.
- Assemblies – will commence during Week 5, on Thursday March 4.
- Parent Help in Classrooms – individual classroom teachers will communicate further details.
- Before and After School Clubs – information about these will be emailed to families shortly.
- Individual parent meetings – can be arranged by appointment with the teacher concerned.
An updated Primary School calendar will be sent out next week.
Thank you to our parent and student community for your cooperation with the COVID-19 restrictions this week. Our students handled the restrictions of mask wearing with minimal fuss, but we look forward to seeing their faces without masks next week (as I am sure they are looking forward to not wearing them!)
Our first assembly for the year, an Awards Assembly (in two parts, one for Years 10-12 and another for Years 7-9), will take place on Wednesday Week 3 as previously advised. Parents of award winners are invited to attend this assembly, and were previously notified about the original assembly which was to take place in Week 1; a reminder about details for the assembly next week will also be sent to affected parents.
We are also thrilled to confirm that the MBC Musical, WICKED: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz will be going ahead as planned. The musical is being performed over two weekends; Saturday 20 February 1.00pm and 7.00pm, Friday 26 February 7.00pm and Saturday 27 February at 7.00pm.
Ticket prices: $25 Adults, $15 Students / Concession, $60 Family package (2 adults, 2 children)
To purchase tickets, click here. We hope to see you there!
Please remember that all the updates we have sent you so far are available to read via our News page on our website, accessible by clicking here.
Rob Gratton & Tracy Holmes
Principals – Mandurah Baptist College